Saturday, October 4

That Guy

Winter's not quite here, but each year I seem to find myself in some snow covered airport.

As I walk to the gate avoiding the obese lazy bastards on the beeping cart and wondering why Hudson News sells magazines only a milquetoast moron would be interested in, there is one thing guaranteed to cheer me up.

A guy in shorts, t-shirt and sandals. This guy doesn't give a damn that it's blizzard time out there. He's probably flying somewhere warm, or maybe he's just a crazy fucker from Buffalo!

This week, I'm that guy. I just packed for 5 days in Acapulco. 2 pairs of shorts, 3 t-shirts and a pair of sandals. I have more books than clothes.

And at the stroke of midnight next Friday/Saturday I'll be that tool in the taxi line at Logan freezing my ass off.

No comments: