Tuesday, October 27

Things that make me go "Yay"


My Pencil Sharpener desk tidy arrived yesterday from the UK. It's pretty damned cool if I say so myself. Over the years I've collected a bunch of different containers that I've put to use, but this is my favorite ... just beating out the ethnically inappropriate 'match the outfit with the face' hot chocolate spinning tin I used to keep my paperclips in.

Hung with the contractors this morning when I hit Home Depot before 7am. It feels like you get a bit more respect at that time in the morning, as if your craft project is a little more hardcore. Never mind that I was buying a $3 pot of brown tester paint, for the mirror frame that I'm slowly killing.

On my drive in I listened to the new Pink Martini record. Gotta love the lazy mariachi rhythms, and totally overboard showboat piano. Splendor in the Grass with help from Tchaikovsky, and Bitty Boppy Betty a song about a cross-dressing DA are my early favorites.

Finally, I'm proud to say I managed to curtail the potential embarrassment of wearing hot pink boxer shorts at the gym. They are Bjorn Borg boxers and they are usually kept under wraps, but I switched to shorts instead of track pants today, and big surprise I ended up doing a bunch of floor exercises with my trainer. It takes a big man to admit he likes a pink boxer short. I might even wear the yellow ones next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you are getting freaky!
--dq