Tuesday, January 19

Indecision 2010

I'll be 40 in August. I've decided I want to be overseas (with Anne) on the big day.


We'd planned to go to Australia. But so many people have diverse opinions of what we should see. There's the big tourist checklist, then the 'real' Australia. Islands, inlands, resorts, mountains, outback, cities. So many places to see in what was supposed to be a trip of a lifetime.

I'd also decided I wanted to tag on a trip to New Zealand. More manageable, and again, there's a bunch of stuff to see.



Next problem. Logistically to squeeze in as much as possible, we are looking at a tour. This creates a paradox. I'm actually rather shy, and find it exhausting to meet new people. But once I do .. it creates so many great stories and memories. I'm a good observer, and I'll go blog crazy if I'm holed up with a group of strangers for 3 weeks.

I want to fly business. If you're going to fly for that long then do it in comfort. But it's wicked expensive. So why not break it up?

Tahiti is only 8 hours from LA. And since I saw Couples Retreat (shit movie, great locale) I want to stay in one of those bungalow on the water places. Then again, a friend who honeymooned there told me to go to Thailand instead. Same great views, at only a quarter of the cost.



So my latest idea is to do Tahiti/Bora Bora and New Zealand, and save Australia for another time. Then again, I'm not a lover of fruit or fish, so Polynesia might not be for me.

Really need to decide soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avoid Tahiti unless you plan on eating mosquitoes from breakfast to dinner...
Bora Bora is way overrated!
New Zealand? Don't trust a place that has more sheep than humans...
Go to Thailand, Hong Kong and stop by India on the way back.
"When reviewing trips, always take notice of the Frenchman!"
--dq
PS: And France isn't good enough for you now? You are SUCH an Audi driver...

oucheba said...

We cannot go to France in August can we?

You're all on vacation.

Or on strike.

Or both.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there... On strike and/or on vacation!
--dq

oucheba said...

Naturellement

Anonymous said...

Question: aren't you supposed to work a bit from time to time?
Maybe you;re on the French 35 hour/week schedule?!!
Have a bar of chocolate (on me!)...
--dq