Saturday, May 29

Machu Picchu

I went to Machu Picchu yesterday!

Sadly it's a Peruvian restaurant in Somerville.

I cannot remember a greater disconnect with taste and visual appeal.

The food was incredibly tasty. It just looked dreadful. My parents had lime green mashed potatoes!

I had the traditional dish of Carapulca. Essentially a stew of dried potatoes, beans and meats. Again, it looked like utter mush but I could eat it every day for the rest of my life.

The door-greeter was dressed in trad Peruvian dress, and of course there was a band with pan-pipes.

My parents went through a phase of listening to pan-pipe music in the 90's. This should have left me scarred for life, but I found myself humming along, and half expected a great big fucking condor to swoop down and claw me with it's massive talons. It did not. I am being wildly fantastical of course.

So. For tasty Peruvian food in the Greater Boston area. Give Machu Picchu a go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why this "review" isn't on EATDRINKREVIEW??
--dq