Monday, September 6

As American as it gets

My wife, aka the eternal optimist, was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. Subsequently she has a pathological love for the Cleveland Browns football team.

As an alien to these shores it also meant that I became a fan by proxy. Sure, I don't have the optimistic disease, but I want them to win. In fact I'm predicting a massive 6-10 season for them this year.

Browns quarterbacks are like British red buses. You wait an age for one to come along, then 2 come at once, and they're both shit.

This year is no different. They've signed 2 old slappers, but then Anne told me about the 3rd string guy. He's the new kid on the block.

His name is Colt McCoy. Is there anything more Americansounding than Colt Fucking McCoy?

This guy must shit BBQ.

He went to college in Texas and he's a Christian! Tell me he wears one of those big silly hats and has a belt buckle the size of a fist with his name brand-ironed into it.

Expect to see him in October when the management team have given up on the old seasoned pros.

No comments: