Thursday, January 3

Memory

I'm losing mine. Partially.

It's weird, I can remember that the shitty song, Memory, from 'Cats' contains a bizarre 10/8 time signature towards the end of each verse, but I cannot remember why I walked upstairs 5 minutes ago.

Yesterday (don't worry I'm not going to keep referencing old songs) I had a meeting at work and completely forgot the name of someone I've been working with for the past 2 months.

Of course, when you do forget stuff it's fun to re-learn or be reminded of it later on. My sister got be a new Prince biography for Christmas, so I'm currently listening to a pile of bootleg songs from the 80s.

On the other hand, over Christmas, my parents watched the video from my 1992 trip around California. They seemed to enjoy the youthful exuberance of their son. I just winced at the jokes ... half of them being not very good, and half of them still in my repertoire!

No comments: