Saturday, June 15

That Guy

I got a cool catalog in the mail from Bang & Olufsen this week.

These tidy looking headphones are new, and the ad said you can find them in Apple Stores.

Much to my pleasure and pain I live 2 blocks away from an Apple Store so I took a walk down this afternoon.

They didn't have any.

But they did have Philips Hue.

Basically they are multi-colored bulbs, with a wi-fi router and via an app you can control the color of your house lighting.

I'm toggling between moody cool and weird psychedelica.

Bang & Olufsen have a store on Newbury St. So I headed down there, amazingly found a parking space and found the demo pair in the store.

Picked up a box and made for the register. That was the end of my good luck.

"Ah, we don't have any stock."

"But you sent a mailing out this week."

"Oh that's why everyone is asking about them."

"Yes."

No comments: